➡ ➡ Interview with Javier Díaz de León Consul General of Mexico in Atlanta, Jacob Gluck Founder of Goza Tequila, John Min Chief Economist with Tempus on International Business Radio
Javier Díaz de León
Consul General of Mexico in Atlanta
Javier Díaz de León holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations from the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City. He also earned a Master of Arts in International Conflict Analysis from the University of Kent at Canterbury in England. Since 1991, he is a member of the Mexican Foreign Service, and currently holds the rank of Ambassador. During his professional career he has served as: Deputy Consul General in San Diego; Deputy Consul General in New York, Head of the Office for Migration and Hispanic Affairs at the Mexican Embassy in the United States, and Executive Director of the Institute for Mexicans Abroad at the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From June 2013 to May 2016 he served as Consul General of Mexico in Raleigh, NC. On May 2016, he was appointed by President Enrique Peña Nieto as Consul General of Mexico in Atlanta, Georgia, where he is serving in this position since June 18, 2016.
Organization: Consulate General of Mexico in Atlanta
Founder and CEO of Goza Tequila
Jacob Gluck is an entrepreneur; he is the Founder and CEO of Goza Tequila—an ultra-premium, craft tequila brand headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Through his time spent building Goza and successfully bringing the product to market, Jacob acquired a wealth of knowledge across a multitude of areas. Creating a liquor brand from scratch enabled Jacob to gain expertise in fields ranging from manufacturing and distribution, to branding, marketing, and sales strategy—all while building a solid foundation within the alcoholic beverage industry at large. He has deep experience developing effective business plans, financial modeling/projections, and other various documents essential to raising capital. As Goza is a U.S. federal importer, and in working closely with Mexican businesses and government entities, Jacob has a thorough understanding of the complexities inherent in doing international business and trade.
As much as anything else, Jacob knows how to compete and succeed with limited resources. He believes in a bottom-up approach to growth, the efficient use of capital, and that the best form of advertising cannot be paid for. Prior to entering the spirits industry, Mr. Gluck worked in finance as a stock broker for Compass Point—a boutique sales, research, and trading firm. There Jacob honed his financial chops, gaining skills that would prove invaluable to his future entrepreneurial endeavors. At Compass he served in equity sales, leveraging the firm’s research to drive business with buy-side accounts (primarily hedge funds). The company’s research was focused on the financial services industry; specific sectors included big banks, thrifts, specialty finance companies, mortgage insurers, REITs, home-builders, and financial technology companies. Jacob left Compass Point with a broad understanding of companies spread across various sectors, market capitalization’s, and capital structures. In addition, Jacob earned the FINRA Series 7 certification—the most comprehensive financial securities exam offered by the FINRA, which covers a wide range of investments including stocks, bonds, options, limited partnerships, and investment company products.
Company: Goza Tequila
Chief Economist with Tempus
Dr. John Min is currently the Chief Economist with Tempus. Prior to working with Tempus, John was Founder and Chief Economist for World First USA and worked as the VP of Sales for Ruesch International, an international financial institution based in Washington DC. Throughout his career, Dr. Min has also worked with companies such as JP Morgan Chase, Everbank, Management Concepts, Western Union, AFEX, and Ebury. Outside of the office, John spends much of his time in the classroom teaching economics at Northern Virginia Community College since 1999 and masters of finance courses at New England College of Business and Finance and London Academy of Trading since 2008. He earned his Doctorate in Economics in 2003 from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.
More about the show, moderator and sponsors:
International Business Radio interviewing industry and thought leaders from around the world with compelling stories generating relevant content on current business trends live from the Pro Business Channel studios in Atlanta. In addition to the live broadcast, IBR content is in distribution across multiple syndicated platforms with more than 500,000 downloads.
Tom Rosseland, Consulate of the Kingdom of Sweden
Organization / Company Name:
Bodker, Ramsey, Andrews, Winograd & Wildstein, P.C.
– I represent clients engaged in all areas of business, including heavy equipment financing and leasing companies, retail and wholesale distribution businesses with credit facilities, and importers of high quality and high-value products for the consumer and business markets. These clients are based in and operate on the local, regional, national as well as international level. Over the past 26 years of legal practice, I have worked with and successfully handled a wide array of complex legal matters for individual and corporate clients, with a dedicated focus on achieving client goals in a manner aligned with the client’s values, goals, and vision.
– Early in my career, I served as in-house counsel for Exxon Corporation (now ExxonMobil). My experience as in-house counsel for a global corporation has provided me with a unique sensitivity to the needs of business clients and their in-house counsel.
– I hold licenses to practice law in Georgia, South Carolina, Texas and the District of Columbia.
– As the son of immigrants to the United States, I also have an awareness of the unique needs of immigrants seeking to establish, expand, or acquire business operations in the U.S. and an appreciation of the challenges facing inbound investment.
Specialties: – International Law
– Contract Negotiations
– Complex Business Litigation
– Trade Secret Disputes
– Employment, Non-Competition & Non-Solicitation Agreements
– Workouts, Restructurings and Bankruptcy Creditor’s Rights
– Commercial Litigation
– Business Divorces
– Commercial Construction
– Heavy Equipment Finance and Leasing
– Creditor’s Rights
– Credit Litigation
– Post-Judgment Collection
Web Site / Social Media Links:
This episode of International Business Radio made possible in part by:
Tempus: “Simplifying Global Payments in Over 130 Currencies”
for more info visit: www.tempus-us.com
Check out more episodes visit:
To view guest photos from this show, visit:
Recent Photos From International Business Radio
Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: Weblizar
Recent Photos From International Business Radio
More from my site
Also published on Medium.